In this article, I will explain how to install Google Photos on Amazon Firestick. The Google Photos app can also be installed on Amazon Fire TV, Firestick 4k, and Fire TV Cube.
Google Photos app is an excellent photo-storing app that also lets you share photos from one device to another. What’s great about the app is that it uses Google’s image analytics technology to automatically place all your photos in an organized manner on your device.
Furthermore, people who own Amazon Fire Stick devices can also view Google Photos on their Television. Installing the Google Photos app lets you backup photos and access it on pretty much any media player device that is compatible with the Google Photos App.
So, the main intent of this article is to guide you through the process of installing and setting up the Google Photos app on a FireStick device, so that you can view your saved photos on a bigger screen.
How To Install Google Photos App On Firestick
At this point, you may have already realized the fact that the Google Photos app isn’t available in the Amazon App Store for users to download and install directly on their devices. Of course, that must be the reason why you’re here, otherwise, you wouldn’t be reading this article! Now coming to the point, you need to sideload Google Photos Apk to use the app on your Firestick device.
To simplify the process, I’ve decided to break down the whole process into two parts. In the first part, you will have to first install a third-party app called the “Downloader” app which is useful for downloading and sideloading APK files on your device. The steps to install Downloader on Amazon FireStick are as follows:-
- Turn On your Amazon Firestick device and wait for the home screen to appear.
- Firstly, Navigate to the Settings menu of your Firestick device and Select the My Fire TV to proceed.
- Next, you need to open up the Developer Options and toggle the “Apps From Unknown Sources” option.
- Confirm the change by selecting the Yes option if you receive a warning pop-up message on your screen.
- Navigate to the Search icon which will be situated on the top left corner of the home screen.
- On the next screen, type Downloader using the remote and wait for the results to load.
- Once the list of suggestions is loaded, select the Downloader app in it to open up its description page.
- Now go ahead and click on the Download option to start downloading the app and wait for it to finish.
- In a matter of seconds, the app will be automatically installed on your Firestick device.
You will find the Downloader app under the “Apps and Games” section after its successful installation. Now go ahead and follow the below-mentioned instructions to safely sideload the Google Photos Apk on Firestick.
- Open up the Downloader App and paste this link (https://bit.ly/3d34i4A) in the URL box under the Home tab.
- Click on the Go option and the Apk will automatically begin to download on your Firestick device.
- You will be automatically taken to the installation screen after the downloading of Apk is complete.
- Scroll down a bit and hit Install to begin the installation process of the Google Photos App.
- Once the Google Photos App is finished installing, you will get the option to open it up over there.
You can find the Google Photos application in the “Apps and Games” section and open it up from there. Upon launching, you can sign in to your Google account to view the synced photos and stuff. That’s pretty much it!
How To Cast Google Photos App To Firestick (Alternate Method)
Since Google Photos doesn’t have their app published in the Amazon App Store, users will have to manually sideload the Apk file to get the app on their device. In case, if you don’t wish to sideload the Apk file or go through the process of downloading additional apps, then perhaps, Casting your smartphone’s to Firestick is the best option.
This way, you don’t have to install any additional apps and still be able to view the photos stored in Google photos on your Television. In fact, your entire smartphone display will be shared with your Firestick device, so whatever you do or open up on your smartphone will appear on your Television. If this is what you’re looking for, then here are the steps to do it properly:-
- Make sure to connect your smartphone and Firestick device to the same Wi-fi network.
- Go to Google Play Store and download All Cast App on your Android device to begin.
- Likewise, you need to install the All Cast App on your Firestick TV device as well (available in the Amazon App Store)
- After successful installation, launch the All Cast App on your smartphone and select your Firestick TV.
- Follow the on-screen instructions shown in the app to connect your Android gadget to the Firestick TV device.
- That’s it, you can now open up and access Google Photos on your Android gadget and select the photos to view on your Television.
Note:– Some Android devices nowadays are coming with an inbuilt-in cast option that lets them cast their smartphone’s display to any other device without having to rely on third-party apps. To check if your device has the feature, simply open up Settings App > Connected Devices > Connection Preference > Cast.
If you have the “Cast” option on your device, then you don’t need to install the All Cast App. Simply Tap on the Firestick TV device under the Cast option and follow the steps to successfully connected to your Firestick TV device. Also, keep in mind that you need to connect your smartphone and Firestick to the same Wi-fi network, regardless of the app, for casting to work.
In this article, we have demonstrated how to install Google Photos on Firestick. Google Photos is a must-have app if you have a large number of photos stored on your device.
The app comes in handy in organizing the saved photos and also lets you access them on other devices such as Firestick. You may follow any of the above-mentioned methods as per your preference to access the photos of your Android device on Firestick.
In case of any trouble with the above-mentioned steps or any further queries, then make sure to hit me up in the comment section below. Stay tuned to www.codeskai.com for more updates.
1. How do I put Google Photos on Firestick?
To put Google Photos on your Firestick, first, you will need to download the Files app from the Amazon App Store. Once downloaded, open the app and find Google Photos. Select it and click Open to add it to your device.
2. How do I transfer pictures from my phone to my Firestick?
You can cast the photos from your phone to your TV by following these steps:
1. Tap on the Photos app and then tap on the photo you want to transfer
2. Tap on the Share button
3. Select Cast
4. Choose a device (TV)
3. Is Google Photos better than Amazon?
The answer to this question is that it depends on what you are looking for. Amazon Prime Photos offers unlimited storage space and Google Photos offers free, high-quality photos with a limit of 15 GB of storage. If you have a lot of high-quality pictures or need more than 15 GB, then Amazon Prime would be the better option for you.
4. Does Amazon Firestick use Chromecast?
The Fire TV stick offers some Chromecast-like beaming from phones and tablets, but it works only with Netflix, YouTube, and Spotify for now. Furthermore, it is not available via desktop Web browsers, won’t automatically turn on your TV, and doesn’t allow you to control the volume.
5. How do I transfer photos from my iPhone to my Firestick?
- Click on Amazon Photos.
- On the top-left corner of the screen, click the Smile icon.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Manually upload photos.
- You can upload photos or videos.
- Click Upload in the top right corner of the screen.